Road Traffic Accident Claims
We will help you prove that someone was to blame for your Road Traffic Accident. This may be¬†another road user,¬†another driver¬†or it may be the¬†driver of a vehicle¬†in which you were the passenger, even if this was a friend or family member.
Even if you were partly at fault for the Road Traffic Accident you may still be able to recover compensation however it may be reduced to take into account the amount you were to blame.
What if the Driver has no Insurance or Cannot be Traced?
Even if the driver at fault for the Road Traffic Accident has no insurance or cannot be traced you may still be able to recover compensation from the Motor Insurers Bureau. This is a body funded by insurers to compensate victims in cases where the driver at fault has no insurance or cannot be traced. However you still have to show that the driver was at fault.
Steps to Take Following an¬†Accident involving a Motor Vehicle
- Get the full name, address and insurance details of the other driver;
- Report the accident to the police;
- Seek advice from your GP or the hospital in relation to your injuries;
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses;
- Report the accident to your insurers;
- Keep receipts for all expenses you incur (including travelling costs to the hospital / your GP) ‚Äď bus tickets, taxi receipts etc;
- Take photographs of the accident scene or draw a sketch plan.